Elevate Black Mountain (Comprehensive Plan Update)
On the advice of the CDC and the NCDHHS, all public meetings for Elevate Black Mountain are on hold. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this page with information on additional interactive activities and when meetings will resume. Thank you.
The Town is working the Clarion and Associates to update the 2014 Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map. On this page you will find updates about this plan and opportunities to provide your input and attend community meetings.
A comprehensive plan, as the name leads you to believe, is a holistic evaluation and planning tool used by communities to manage their constant evolution. It works to set guidelines for growth and how the resulting growth is managed and as well as the services and programs intended to serve the community, such as recreation, sanitation, utilities, public safety, resiliency, and community health. The process for creating a comprehensive plan is lengthy, with considerable time gathering data on current conditions and effort invested in gathering input from the community to establish a vision and priorities for the plan. The comprehensive serves as a policy guide for elected officials, appointed boards and staff.
Comments may be made by contacting email@example.com.
Monthly meetings will begin on December 16, 2019, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall. Meetings will then be on the fourth Monday of the month from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
Elevate Black Mountain Survey
If you attended either of the Workshop for Our Future events you do not need to complete this survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ElevateBMT
Elevate Black Mountain Newspaper Article
Please follow the link to read the Asheville Citizen-Times story on Elevate Black Mountain. https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2020/02/18/black-mountain-folks-hope-keep-identity-asheville-buncombe-grow/4785036002/
- 2014 Comprehensive Plan Update
- Elevate Black Mountain Comment Sheet
- Elevate Black Mountain FAQ's
- Elevate Black Mountain Interview Flyer
- Elevate Black Mountain Schedule
- Future Land Use Plan and Map - Draft
- What are the Differences Between a Strategic Plan and a Comprehensive Plan
- What is a Comprehensive Plan
- What is the Purpose of a Comprehensive Plan
Elevate Black Mountain Kick-off Meeting Documents
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Exit Workshop Questionnaire
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Getting Around
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Great Ideas
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Great Places and Places to Improve
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: My Vision for Black Mountain
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Planning Influences
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Survey
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Visual Preferences
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Where do you Live? Where do you Work?
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Workshop for our Future Presentation
Please view the Mayor's message below. Additional Info...
Are you interested in contributing to the dialogue on community issues? GET INVOLVED! Join an Advisory Board or Commission! Read on...