Elevate Black Mountain (Comprehensive Plan Update)
The Town is working the Clarion and Associates to update the 2014 Comprehensive Plan and Future Land Use Map. On this page you will find updates about this plan and opportunities to provide your input and attend community meetings.
A comprehensive plan, as the name leads you to believe, is a holistic evaluation and planning tool used by communities to manage their constant evolution. It works to set guidelines for growth and how the resulting growth is managed and as well as the services and programs intended to serve the community, such as recreation, sanitation, utilities, public safety, resiliency, and community health. The process for creating a comprehensive plan is lengthy, with considerable time gathering data on current conditions and effort invested in gathering input from the community to establish a vision and priorities for the plan. The comprehensive serves as a policy guide for elected officials, appointed boards and staff.
Comments may be made by contacting email@example.com.
Monthly meetings will begin on December 16, 2019, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall. Meetings will then be on the fourth Monday of the month from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Town Hall.
Elevate Black Mountain Newspaper Article
Please follow the link to read the Asheville Citizen-Times story on Elevate Black Mountain. https://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2020/02/18/black-mountain-folks-hope-keep-identity-asheville-buncombe-grow/4785036002/
Elevate Black Mountain action for our future virtual meetings
The Town of Black Mountain held two virtual meetings on Thursday, September 3, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. for citizens to express input, suggestions, and ideas for the vision and goals of the comprehensive plan. The presentation and the meeting recordings are available below. A survey regarding the vision and goals is also available in the link provided below. Paper copies of the survey will also be available. *Please note that the Zoom recordings and the audio may take several minutes to load as they are large files.
- 2014 Comprehensive Plan Update
- Elevate Black Mountain Comment Sheet
- Elevate Black Mountain FAQ's
- Elevate Black Mountain Interview Flyer
- Elevate Black Mountain Schedule
- Future Land Use Plan and Map - Draft
- What are the Differences Between a Strategic Plan and a Comprehensive Plan
- What is a Comprehensive Plan
- What is the Purpose of a Comprehensive Plan
Elevate Black Mountain Kick-off Meeting Documents
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Exit Workshop Questionnaire
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Getting Around
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Great Ideas
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Great Places and Places to Improve
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: My Vision for Black Mountain
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Planning Influences
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Survey
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Visual Preferences
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Where do you Live? Where do you Work?
- ELEVATE BLACK MOUNTAIN: Workshop for our Future Presentation
Elevate Black Mountain Round 1 Public Engagement
Buncombe County aligns in all respects with the Governor's executive orders related to COVID-19 prohibitions and restrictions including face coverings in all settings as described in such executive orders effective on Friday, September 4, 2020. Read on...
Black Mountain’s contract with Waste Pro ends in September 2020. Read on...
In response to the spread of COVID-19, Town Hall is closed to the public. Read on...