Beer and Wine License

As required by the North Carolina General Statute, each business located in Black Mountain that is required by law to purchase an ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) Permit from the State of North Carolina is also required to purchase a local Beer and Wine License. For Buncombe County requirements related to Beer and Wine License and payments, contact the Tax Collection Division at (828) 250-4910.

Once the ABC Permit has been purchased from the State, this permit must then be shown to the Planning and Development Department prior to the issuance of a local license. 

Beer and Wine licenses expire on April 30th and must be renewed by May 1st of each year. 

These licenses cannot be prorated.

Beer off Premises
Beer on Premises
Wine off Premises
Wine on Premises