February 3, 2021 10:30 AM
911 Dispatch Consolidation in partnership with Buncombe County.
The Town of Black Mountain is pleased to announce 911 Dispatch Consolidation in partnership with Buncombe County.
Beginning February 22nd, 2021 Buncombe County will be responsible for receiving and dispatching all calls for service for the Town including Emergency Medical Services, Black Mountain Police Department, Black Mountain Fire Department, the Buncombe County Sheriff, and volunteer fire departments. For the community, there will be no impact to service. In case of emergency, always call 911.
County and the Town leadership have agreed that a 911 Call Center Consolidation is a mutually beneficial path for public safety entities in Buncombe County. Benefits of 911 Call Center Consolidation include:
• Reduced call transferring
• Staffing improvements to provide enhanced coverage for 24/7 operations
• More consistent and effective service delivery
• Greater opportunities for interagency response and backup
• Better data sharing between agencies and responders in the field
• Enhanced interoperability and ability to share information across jurisdictions
• Operational savings
• Reductions in future capital investment
• Elimination of duplicate technology systems and maintenance agreements
• Maximizing revenue from the 911 Board for system enhancements
Please note each of the following phone numbers.
• 828-419-9350 - Town business
• 828-250-6670 - Non-emergency law calls
• 911 - Emergencies