The Town of Black Mountain Stormwater Program contracted with South Core Environmental to rehabilitate and repair the existing Stormwater Control Measure (SCM) located on the Town owned golf course adjacent to the croquet court.
This work will increase filtration capacity of the SCM, improving water quality before stormwater enters Tomahawk Branch.
Work began Tuesday, August 8, 2023, and was completed as of August 23, 2023. The work was coordinated with the Town of Black Mountain Golf Course so that play on the course was not affected.
Rehabilitation work included:
- Removal of trees inside the biocell
- Removal of vegetation inside the biocell, while preserving vegetation on berm for soil stability
- Removal of accumulated sediment
- Repair of inlet and outlet boxes
- Repair of underdrain pipes
More before and after photos are available on the Stormwater webpage: STORMWATER CONTROL MEASURE REHABILITATION | Black Mountain, NC (townofblackmountain.org)
The Town will be continuing to rehabilitate other Stormwater Control Measures throughout the coming year.