The Town of Black Mountain Planning Department, in partnership with RiverLink and NC State University Cooperative Extension, is excited to announce a Residential Rain Garden Certification Workshop!
Saturday, September 21, 2019, @ Carver Community Center Non-Certification Fee: $25.00 (includes break service, lunch, and the NC State University Rain Garden Manual) Certification Fee: $100.00 (includes break service, lunch, and the NC State University Rain Garden Manual and workshop notebook)
This workshop, led by experienced installers from NC State University – Cooperative Extension, will familiarize participants with the installation and maintenance of different kinds of stormwater BMPs and to certify qualification to properly design and install many of the practices.
As a result of this training you will:
- Understand why stormwater needs to be managed.
- Understand the importance of properly-designed practices.
- Understand the principles of rain garden location, construction and maintenance.
- Learn how to properly design and size rain gardens and other BMPs.
- Be able to select appropriate vegetation.
- Design, build and plant a small rain garden.
- Be eligible to take a test at the conclusion of the training to be certified in rain garden design and installation.
Please follow the link below to register for the workshop and to find additional information regarding the schedule and what to bring.